A business event can lead to win-win situations such as lead generation, advantageous offers for new or improved products/services, new opportunities for partnerships, strengthened customer relations and much more. However, Event Management consists of several sub-projects with crucial dependencies among them. Due to this complexity, something can easily go wrong and affect or even destroy the whole event! The purpose of the specific article is to present a list of software features that can support and facilitate the demanding project of Event Management.
The following software features help the event managers to create a well-organized event:
1. Client / Customer Management: This feature allows you to define the business needs of your biggest customers and select the event type that can meet them.
2. Lead Management / Lead Retrieval: A business event is a great opportunity to invite your most engaged leads and convert them to customers and also retrieve new leads.
3. Partner Management: Your Partners based on their knowledge and skills can help you to organize the event or participate in it giving a presentation.
4. Vendor / Supplier Management: It enables you to invite your Vendors / Suppliers who are interested in developing business relations with your customers.
5. Sponsorships Management: Who decided to become your sponsors, who offered what, what they have offered (financial support or products/services), what they have asked in return, which are their demands and requirements can influence the quality of the event and your business relations.
6. Social Media Integration: It can support social promotion which is a key factor for the success of the event.
7. Conferences / Seminars Management: The organizing team should manage the presentations, seminars and workshop based on their type, subject, number of attendees/participants, speakers’ availability, and the availability and capacity of rooms.
8. Exhibition / Trade Fair Management: Similar work should be done in the case of an exhibition, adapted in this event type.
9. Meetings: It is useful to have a tool to manage meetings as they can occur planning and organizing the event but also during the event itself.
10. Ticketing: Definitely issues are going to be raised and they should be categorized, prioritized and faced.
11. Notifications: Reminders for the next or needed actions can be used to keep the project on schedule.
12. Catering Management: Business events last hours and days, the event organizer should take care of what people will eat and drink.
13. Parties Management: A cocktail party can be the best way to close a business event offering opportunities for networking and socializing.
14. Travel Management: Some professionals may need to travel in order to participate in the event. The event organizer should arrange travelling and accommodation issues.
15. Venue Management: The Venue should be selected carefully taking into account criteria such as its capacity, facilities, equipment, location, parking space etc.
16. Room Block Management: It is a basic feature in cases of Conferences, Seminars and Meetings to avoid double-bookings.
17. Space / Room Setup: For each type of business event should be selected the appropriate space / room set-ups and styles. For instance, Banquet Style is convenient for small groups’ discussions while Classroom style is the most used set-up for seminars.
18. Financial Management: Whatever is your budget, this feature can help you to use it wisely.
19. Employee / Task Management: Clear roles and responsibilities should be defined, as well as, alternative plans for unexpected absences.
20. Project Management: As event management is a huge project, project management tools can support you at Resource Planning, Time Management, and Event Scheduling.
21. Registration Management: This feature can automate the registration process and the next required actions facilitating the work of the event management team.
22. Attendee Management: The number of attendees, the companies they are working for, their professions, ages, knowledge, skills and interests are data that should be used properly to organize a memorable business event.
23. Guest List Management: The event management team should be aware of guests’ specific requests as regards the equipment and facilities and provide them what they need to do their job during the event.
24. Badge Management: Badges facilitate participants in socializing and networking.
25. Surveys & Feedback: At the end, a satisfaction survey can reveal the success or failure of the event.
Using software with the above features, the whole process of Event Management and the event itself can run smoothly.