Comidor platform offers the ability to design your own apps through App Designer, without using any coding. Comidor guides you with simple steps, in order to publish your idea.
There are various types of applications provided in Comidor App Designer. You can choose the one that fits better your needs from the following options:
- Table applications:
- Sequential apps (with workflows)
- Process-based workflow apps
- Simple Non-process based apps (Data-driven)
- Report applications
- Kanban applications
Let’s see step-by-step how to create and run a Kanban app.
Kanban applications help teams create Kanban boards and visualize simple records. This application type is suitable for simple cases that do not require a workflow design and a huge amount of data to be processed. On Kanban applications, work items are represented visually on boards, which are predefined by the user. You can add new items to each board, and edit or delete them.
Furthermore, you have the possibility to easily drag-n-drop items from one board to another in order to change their category. Organize and manage everything in one place, and empower your productivity with Kanban apps.
Comidor platform offers you the ability to build your own Kanban applications through App Designer, without using any coding.
Access App Designer
In order to access App Designer go to the main menu on the left side of your screen and select the icon App Factory > Application Builder > App Designer
In the new unit that opens, click on the button Create an App.
- Click on the “Create an App” icon to open the creation form.
- In the Application Type select Kanban App.
- Give the Application Name.
- You can also classify your app in a proper Category. Choose one Category from the existing options, or make a new Category. Categorization helps you find easier your apps in the App Designer. Based on the category you choose, the app is also displayed on the respective sub-menu.
- Collaborators are the users or groups that have access rights to this App. Choose one or more users(s), Group(s) from the list.
- There is an option to upload an Image for your App.
- Click Save to create your App, or Close to cancel.
Once you save your app, you are redirected to the view form. Comidor guides you through simple steps to design your App. In kanban apps, only steps 1, 3 and 5 are available.
In the step Dashboard, you get an overview of your application. In particular, you are able to view:
- Quick Stats:
- Number of Boards and Records that are created in this app
- Graphs that show the application activity timeline and the Records per Board pie chart.
- Basic Info:
- the Type, Category, and other parameters
- You can click on the pencil button to edit the above info
- You can lock your app by checking on the Locked option. With this option, only the user that locks the app will be able to edit the app (in all steps). All the rest users will just be able to view the app, but can not edit it.
- By checking the Has customizations option, the application will not be exportable.
- Put a flag to remember if this application
- Collaborators: the users or groups that have access rights in this App.
- Comments: an area where users that have access can write and view comments.
- Quick Stats:
In this step, you can design your application, by creating user fields in the Data model tab and defining their position in the form in the Table view tab.
You should create at least the following field types:
- a text field for the title of each app record
- a DB list according to which the records are grouped by in the Kanban boards
- a drop-down list for the border field
- a list free that fetches a list of users
- a date field
- and more (text, number, value list).
- When you open the Data model tab, you will see a sub-table with the following columns icon, label, size, column name, created by, created on, last updated by, last updated on, the pin and multi checkboxes.
- You can see the existing and/or add all fields that you want to be used in the App here. You can click on the “+” to create your own custom fields.
- Click on the refresh icon, and the table should be updated.
- Type a keyword in the search area, click enter and the table should be refreshed displaying results that match the keyword.
- Click on an existing field, to view its basic info: By default, you will see Entity, Label, Auto-generate name, Column name, Type, Default Value, Store Type, Tooltip and Security Level. Connected Forms tab: you view the list of forms this field is used.
- Determine which fields you wish your App to have in the main form and in which position. By default, you should see all the table fields you have created in the Data model and will be added ad columns in your application table. Each field has pencil and x buttons.
- You can add more Columns, with drag-n-drop from the list of the available fields.
- Drag and drop the field columns, in order to re-arrange their position in the Table View.
- Click on the edit button to make any changes you need to each column.
- Add a label name. If left empty, the column gets the field name.
- Prefix or Suffix to be displayed before or after the value of each entry
- Select the preferred alignment
- Define the preferred width in percentage to be displayed as default.
- Other options like set as Not sortable and Hidden are available, too.
- Click save, or cancel.
- Click on the x button to remove this field from the Application table.
- Switch to mobile view, to get a preview of your Application table in a browser of a mobile device. Choose a preferred device (mobile, tablet)
In this step, make configuration of the Kanban Application. Configure the user fields for the following parameters:
- Title Field: choose the text field you created in the data model which you want to be the title of each Kanban record.
- Group by Field: choose the DB list field you created in the data model which you want to be the category of each Kanban record. All records are grouped by this field into Kanban boards.
- User Field: include users in Kanban records. Choose a list-free field to fetch all or specific users.
- Date Field: also include a date parameter in each Kanban record. Correlate a date field here.
- Border Field: select a drop-down list field that you want to include in your Kanban app. You can also map different colours for each option of the border field from the border colours map.
- E.g. if a Kanban record has the option Basic info in the field level, it will be highlighted in red colour, since we have specified the warning option in basic knowledge.
- Colour options: warning(orange), info(light blue), success(green), danger(red), primary(light blue), secondary(grey), light(light grey), dark(dark grey) (see the color options here).
When you finish the configuration step, click on the “Next: Publish” button on the top right; to move on to the next step.
Finally, click on the Publish button in order to Publish your app.
Your Kanban app is ready to use!
If you want to edit an existing User App, go to the main menu on the left side of your screen and select the icon App Factory > Application Builder > App Designer. From the list of applications, select the one you wish to edit.
- You can navigate through steps 1, 3 and 5 by clicking on the respective step and applying any changes you wish. Do not forget to publish your changes.
- You can delete a User App if you wish. Open the App you want to delete, and from the actions button, click on the Delete option.
- A confirmation pop-up appears. Click Confirm to proceed with the deletion or cancel.
- You can also check the Linked Entities that will be affected in the respective tab.
Run Kanban application
- In order to view the Kanban app you have created and published through App Designer, go to the menu on the left side of your screen, and select the Packages Icon. A list of all the published apps is displayed here under the category you chose in Step 1 of App designer. In case no Category is chosen, the app is shown below Custom Apps.
- Select the one you wish to access and it will open in a new tab.
- Available are as many boards as the options in the Group by field. (e.g., Skill categories).
- By clicking on the “+ Add New Item” icon, you can create a new record of this app on this board.
- A new form opens displaying the fields that were defined in the table step of the App Builder. Fill in the fields and click on Save to add this entry.
- Click on a record (any box) and apply any changes in the edit record form.
- Drag-n-drop a record (box) from one board to another in order to change its category.
- Finally, delete a record of your Kanban app. Click on the record (box) to be deleted, and in the edit form click the delete button. A confirmation pop-up appears.
Find out more about other application types and how to create them in App Designer.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]