Lets start with the basics, by answering the following questions about BPM and QMS, then we can explore best practices and how they work together to finally add significant value to the organization.
What is a Business Process Management (BPM) Platform?
BPM is an organizational approach that focuses on recording and improving business processes in order to help the people in an organization work more efficiently. It’s achieved through mapping, recording and documenting an organization’s current end-to-end processes. Documentation of processes in a process map, allow managers to identify where the inefficiencies and bottlenecks lie. This assists the organization to base their decisions on evidence and data, while making the necessary changes to each process in order to eliminate waste, reduce costs and eventually improve efficiency. Automation of BPM comes from Workflow Management (you need to find how to choose a Workflow Automation tool) that connects people who perform the processes with a digital system that has the tools to do so more efficiently.
What is a Quality Management System?
A Quality Management System (QMS) is a management technique that increases productivity and quality. It hosts the procedures, processes and policies that are required for an organization to achieve and maintain its quality standards. These standards ensure that a level of quality is consistently achieved and that a certain procedure or process standardly operates. Structured and predefined procedures and processes provide a set of specifications for products, services or systems that ensure quality of the end product, service or system, safety and efficiency with utter goal the improvement of customer satisfaction. Most of the Quality Management Systems are geared to achieve and maintain various ISO accreditations and especially ISO 9001:2015. Revised ISO 9001, is less bureaucratic and promotes BPM as a technique that adds value to the QMS itself and enhances the end service or product.
The 7 Quality Management Principles
According to International Standards Organization (ISO) the 7 Quality Management Principles are used as the foundation to guide an organization’s performance improvement.
- Customer Focus: Meeting and exceeding customer needs and requirements
- Leadership: A mission and vision clearly communicated
- Engagement of people: Competent and motivated people across the organization
- Process Approach: All activities are processes that must be mapped, documented, and automated to eliminate downtime/waste and reduce costs.
- Improvement: Continuous optimization of business processes
- Evidence-based decision making: All decisions should be made upon analysis and evaluation of data
- Relationship Management: Identification and management of all interested parties eg. Partners, suppliers, customers etc.
How do BPM and QMS add value to an organization?
- Interpretation of organization’s business model
- Up-to-date information in one place that is easily accessed by employees
- Information visibility and accessibility according to everyone’s roles
- Visual representation of all processes across all business functions
- Implementation of RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed) model
- Data and analytics of all processes at all levels
- Access via mobile devices for everyone working out of the office
- Provides continuous improvement tools
How to choose the right BPM platform?
- Look for the necessary requirements of a BPM platform that can be integrated with the QMS of an organization, such as:
- A friendly UI and UX, in order to engage the users
- Clear accountability
- Value for money
- Analytics, to make decisions based on evidence and data
- Business process model capability and automation for process mapping and optimization
Achieve Quality Excellence with the right partner
Because now you can achieve Quality Excellence, according to the ISO Quality Management Principles, with the Comidor tools and features:
- Customer Focus: Sales Force Automation (SFA) feature that helps you manage leads, opportunities and customers.
- Leadership: An Enterprise Collaboration tool that enhances vertical and horizontal communication of organization’s strategy, vision and mission.
- Engagement of people: An Enterprise Collaboration tool that enhances team management, accountability and better communication among people
- Process Approach: A BPM tool that allows the mapping, recording and automation of business processes across all business functions.
- Improvement: Balance Scorecard, Kanban and other tools that enhance continuous improvement
- Evidence-based decision making: Analytics and metrics that provide data regarding processes, productivity and KPIs achievement
- Relationship Management: Identification and management of all interested parties eg. Partners, suppliers through contacts, accounts and case management modules.
Why choose Comidor for your QMS
- It satisfies all 7 Quality Principles of ISO
- Integrates with any kind of operational system that supports the operation of an organization (ERP, WMS, CMR, HRMS etc)
- It is a platform that combines Enterprise Collaboration needs with BPM and Project Management features
- Many supportive tools that enhance organizations operations (task management, document management, workflow automation, people management etc)
- Numerous business apps that help organizations add value to their everyday operation at the minimum cost (training’s, lead and opportunity management, issues and tickets management and more)
- Build your own apps based on the organizations operational needs
- 63% enhanced knowledge management through linking processes with documents, mails, accounts and contacts
Have a look at what our customers achieved in the Success Stories or contact us for a free demo. Call us on +44 (0) 2033 978 057 to discuss your BPM and QMS requirements with our qualified consultants.