Comidor offers an easy way of creating visual reports via Widgets. By taking advantage of the data that are stored inside Comidor users are able to make visual graphs that will be a great assistant in the decision-making process.
Create a Widget
In order to create your customized Widgets, go to:
- Modules Menu Icon > Reports & Analytics> Widgets > Widget Designer.
- Click on the “+” button to create a new one.
- Select between the Default option and the Advanced option. The default option will provide simple users the ability to create a widget, while the advanced option is to be used by advanced users who are able to write SQL queries.
- Type a Title and select a Category for this widget. You can also set the widget for different Levels (Personal, Team, Corporate).
- Select the Type (Report, Grouping, Conditional Grouping, Timeline) and your Graph type (Text, Pie, Column).
- In the y-axis title field, type a title which will appear on the y-axis.
- Select the Entity from which the data are going to be retrieved.
- Choose between Count or Sum in the Aggregation field and type in which field the aggregation will be applied.
- Type a Where Condition in case you want to limit the information that will be displayed in the chart.
- You can also specify for which Date, Usergroup or User field the information is going to be aggregated on.
Types of Widgets
In the widget creation, you are able to select among different types of widgets based on your needs. The four types of widgets are, Report, Grouping, Conditional Grouping, Timeline Comidor enables you to create your visual reports based on three graph types: Text, Pie, Column and create bar charts, pie charts, etc.
See below some examples
In report type, you should select graph type text, select the entity you want, define Aggregation and the Date field, in order to display correctly the report.
Graph type can be either a column or a pie chart. Select the entity you want, define Aggregation. Do not forget to select the Group field you wish the data to be grouped by.
- You can use Aggregation Sum on a numeric field if you wish to get a report with a summary of the values of all entries in a specific field. For example, the IT department requested 15 new employees in total, HR 17, and Marketing and Sales Department 5 new employees each.
- You can use Aggregation Count on a numeric field if you wish to get a report with total instances of each value of this specific field. For example, the IT department requested 5 times.
By selecting Type Conditional Grouping, fields to define the Labels and its conditions are available. Graph type can be either a column or a pie chart. Select the entity you want, define Aggregation.
In type timeline, choose the graph type column, select the entity you want, define Aggregation and the Date field.
In order to access the Widget Dashboard, go to Modules Menu Icon >User Desktop > Widget Dashboard
- Keep in mind that in order to see your own widgets in the Widget Dashboard you have to click on the “Add to My Dashboard” button on the top right of each widget.
Here you can see all the widgets that you have added in your dashboard grouped by category.
Easily switch on and off the widgets you wish and they will be displayed below: