Comidor Low-Code BPM platform offers the ability to build your own apps through App Builder, without using coding. Making simple or more complicated Apps is easier than ever, even for non-developer users. Comidor guides you with 8 simple steps, in order to publish your idea.
In order to access App Builder go to the Quick Add menu on the left side of your screen and select the last icon App Factory. From the options available, choose App Builder.
System administrators can also access App Builder from Modules Menu Icon > System Administration > App Builder
In the new tab that opens, click on the “+” icon to open the create form. In the creation form you can see 7 steps:
1. Basic Info
- Start by typing a name for the Entity you are creating in the database.
- You can check if this is an Existing Entity and choose from existing Units or other Apps
- Give the Application Name and Description
- You can also make this App Process enabled, by clicking on the respective checkbox. By doing so, you are able to link a Workflow to your App in step 6.
- Click on Save to Save this App. (Check Quick Reference Guide for saving options). After saving, you will be re-directed to Applications and you can click on the new App you have just created to move to step 2.
2. Design Model
In the Design Model, you can add all fields that you wish to be used in the App. You can either click on the “+” to create your own custom fields from scratch or import an Excel/CSV file.
Note that, if you have selected this app to be process enabled, you can also use in the forms (step 4) all process related fields. If you left is Process enabled unchecked, you can only use the fields displayed in the Data model.
After adding all the fields you wish, click on the top right of the screen “Next: Table” button, to move on to step 3. In the pop-up window that will appear, click Yes in order to reload the database so as for the new fields to be added.
In step 3, you can determine which columns you wish your App to have in the main table. By default, all fields that were added in the Design Model will be displayed in this table. You can add more Columns, by clicking on the “+” icon and selecting the desired field.
You can select one or more columns and delete them from Table Columns if you wish.
Furthermore, you can drag-n-drop the Table Columns, in order to change their position in the Table.
Click on the “Next: Forms” to continue with step 4.
In this step, you can see all the forms involved in this App. You can easily create a new form, by clicking on the “+” icon. You can follow the instructions on how to create forms in User Forms.
- If you link a workflow to this App, all forms included in this workflow will be also visible at this step.
- You can also make a form Main, which means visible in the left-side menu as a tab. State the position of each form that you wish to be displayed.
- The form you want to start the App with, select the option “Replace existing form” in the field Primary
- In Quick field, you can choose the form to be visible in the quick add menu or in process templates list.
You can select one or more forms and delete them from Table Forms if you wish.
Click on “Next: Tabs” to move to the 5th step.
You are able to link a workflow to the App at this step. The workflow will be triggered in each entry a user creates in this app. Workflow relates tasks, run diagram and workflow audit will be visible there too, in order for the users to get real-time information about the workflow stage.
Step 5, is only available if you had checked is Process Enabled, in step 1.
You can set up a new workflow, or select an Existing one. In both cases, you can see the workflow designer, and you can add, edit or erase workflow elements.
For more information on how to create Workflow go to Workflows and Workflow Automation.
At any point, you can click on “Change Workflow” button, at the top left of the screen, to select another one from existing workflows.
Click on the “Next: Overview” button on the top right, to move to the next step.
In this step, you can make the configuration of the Application.
- Decide if you wish to include Notes, Tags and Links, the ability to create, edit and/ or delete an entry.
- You can also set a Prefix to the app and an Incremental No Field; select a number field from Data Model that you wish to auto-populate a number. eg. for this app the requests will get SR.1, SR.2, etc.
- Also, you can set a default categorization for the table view based on a specific field (Title, Priority, etc.)
- You should also set a Primary Field (Record Identity: Appears in lists, etc). From the drop-down list, choose one of the fields you created in step 2(Design Model).
- For Process-enabled apps with workflow, you can set the app to Automatically start the process, which means the state of the app will be set to running and the workflow will start as well.
- You can fully customise the app layout, by selecting font size and colors.
When you have finished the configuration step, click on the “Next: Publish” button on the top right, to move on to step 7.
In the final step, click on the Publish button in order to Publish your app.
Your app is ready to be used!
If you want to edit an existing User App, go to the Quick Add menu on the left side of your screen and select the last icon App Factory. From the options available, choose App Builder. From the list of the Applications, select the one you wish to edit.
- You can navigate through steps 1-7 by clicking on the respective step and apply any change you wish. Do not forget to go to step 7, to publish your changes.
You can delete one or more User Apps if you wish. Go to the Quick Add menu on the left side of your screen and select the last icon App Factory, select one or more User Apps and click on Delete.
In order to view the User Apps, go to the Quick Add menu on the left side of your screen and select the User Apps Icon. A list with all the published apps will be displayed here. Select the one you wish to access and it will open in a new tab.
By clicking on “+” icon you can create a new entry of this app. A new tab will open with the form that was created in the App Builder. Fill in the fields and click on Save to add this entry.
If the App is process enabled and linked with a workflow it will have State (Opened, Scheduled, Running, etc) and also some more Tabs in the left-side menu, such as Workflow tasks, attachments, and workflow audit based on the configuration of the App in the App Builder.
If you have selected in the primary form of the app to be also visible in the quick add menu, you can easily initiate this App, from quick add and by clicking on the name of this form.